Find more Frugal Living Tips, DIY Crafts and More by Following us on Pinterest!
Did you know that Citrus fruit not only offers essential vitamins and nutrients to our systems, it also provides many uses for household products and needs! Check out this easy recipe below to make Emergency Candles Out of left over Citrus Fruit that You may have lying around!
- Citrus Fruit (Grapefruit, Lemon or Orange)
- Any Type Of Oil (Olive, Vegetable, Canola etc.)
- Remove using the knife or eat the middle of the fruit, making sure you leave the middle stem intact.
- When cutting out the meat of the fruit, it is easiest to go from the edges in.
- If time allows let fruit dry out for 1-2 hours.
- Then fill fruit with your oil to just below the center stem.
- You are then ready to light your citrus wick and you will have a fully functioning candle.